Here is the recipe:
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid dish soap (I use Dawn and it’s pretty concentrated/sudsy….so I cut this back to 1 TEASPOON)
- 1/4 cup washing soda
- 2 gallons very warm tap water (I think I added closer to 3 gallons to my bucket. I like to give the floor a pretty good soaking!)
1. Place all the ingredients into a bucket and mix well until sudsy.
2. Mop the area with the solution.
3. Not recommended for waxed floors.
When I first started mopping I was a bit concerned about the suds because typically I justSTEAM my floors. But the more area I mopped and watched it dry, the less worried I was. The floor didn’t have any feel or look of soap residue at all. It just looked and felt CLEAN! And grease-free!
Here is what the floor looked like after it’s inaugural cleaning. I’m a very happy homemaker/homeowner today. 🙂